[Proposal] Cosmic Council Program Rewards for Q3, 2023

Overview

This proposal seeks to secure funding from the SPACE ID DAO treasury to kick-start the SPACE ID Cosmic Council (contributor program) Rewards for the 3rd quarter of 2023 (July - September). This program plans to reward those contributing to SPACE ID, collectively known as the Cosmic Council, reflecting their individual contribution efforts.

Purpose

The rewards program is crucial in keeping our Cosmic Council an active, motivated, and high-performing program. It’s designed to encourage more contributions, get the community involved, and attract new talent, which are all vital for the growth and success of SPACE ID.

Scope

This funding proposal includes rewards for all contributors at various levels, such as Cosmic Astras, Space Novas & Auroras, and also the leaders of the Community Guild and the Advocate Guild, based on their individual performance and contributions to SPACE ID.

Implementation

1. Two reward pools will be established: one for the Guild Leaders and another for contributors (Astra, Nova & Aurora). The rewards will be given based on a points system related to their contributions.
  2. The reward distribution will occur monthly. This process will rely on the points system and an evaluation of contributions for the previous month.

Timeline

This proposal covers the Cosmic Council rewards for the period until September 30th, 2023. The rewards for the Guild Leaders and contributors will be distributed monthly, at the start of each month, for the previous month’s contributions. The first distribution is set for after the end of July.

Budget

The requested budget is $30,000 to run the rewards program until September 30th, 2023. This amount is calculated considering the current number of active contributors. The quarterly budget will be adjusted if necessary in a future proposal for Q4 rewards.

Expected Outcomes

Community Engagement: By successfully funding and implementing the rewards program, we expect to see more community engagement and higher contribution levels. A funded contributor program gives the community a direct way to participate in the project and be rewarded for it. This can lead to a more active and committed community, which is critical for the success of the SPACE ID community.
Fostering Innovation: Contributors from different backgrounds and with varied skills can bring fresh ideas and perspectives, leading to new features, services, or improvements that might not have been conceived otherwise.
Talent Acquisition and Retention: Funding the Cosmic Council allows to attract and retain talented individuals who are passionate about SPACE ID. It provides an incentive for our contributors to dedicate their time and skills, fostering a sense of ownership and loyalty.

Additional Information

This proposal mainly aims to secure the needed funds for the rewards program, a key element of the overall Cosmic Council.

More information about the updated Cosmic Council structure is provided in this blog post - https://blog.space.id/introducing-cosmic-council-v2-an-updated-contributor-program-6f1bcdf1e2d6

62 Likes

Awesome, this not just reward the community, but also encourage more talents and contributions for better community (SPACE ID as a whole).

7 Likes

Kicking off Cosmis Council program, that rewards contributors sounds rational at first sight.

I do feel like only 30.000$ is a bit small of a reward, which is also distributed monthly. Why till september 30th? Imo, we should extend the timeframe and slightly increase the budget. But that’s just my opinion.

Good proposal tho!

2 Likes

so great This will help the community grow even stronger

2 Likes

Our main goal is to make the community even stronger, and we’re doing a great job.

3 Likes

That was great, i wish i can join

2 Likes

Pretty much needed :heart:

2 Likes

Wow really very good team work keep going :clap:

Am sure you get you get more Community support :heart:

2 Likes

Great Project ! Good initiative to discuss about our community !

4 Likes

believe a great idea and hope it will help the community grow

2 Likes

cool!
Good work and staff

2 Likes

I can assume that the deadline is limited to September 30th, since then the fourth quarter will begin

5 Likes

This community is the coolest and the only one in which I would be rewarded for participating it is very nice that Space Id appreciates its community!!!

2 Likes

That is correct.

We are firstly targeting the 3rd quarter of this year, as we have only recently made these Cosmic Council structure changes.

This period will be a great experience to further shape the Cosmic Council and the rewards program as well, after which we will be drafting a new proposal for the rewards, and most likely a higher budget together with a longer time period.

5 Likes

Great proposal, when contributors know that they will be rewarded for their work,
they are likely to become more invested in the success of the Spaceid.
This can lead to more creative and innovative ideas that can help the company meet its goals.

3 Likes

sounds optimistic and very interesting, I will gladly take part in the third stage!

2 Likes

I do not know what to say. I want so much even now, but it doesn’t happen like that.

2 Likes

ok bro!!!
airdrop for Q3,2023

2 Likes

It’s a good thing Space ID didn’t turn a blind eye to It’s community contributors. At the end of Q3 the council should be upgraded and Its goals well defined & structured.

3 Likes

great project. I’m glad to e part of this.

2 Likes