Let’s discuss P2E direction

:speech_balloon: What do you think of the P2E system in general? Don’t you think that PAYing gamers for hours played is a dead mechanic. It can’t be solved by blockchain technology and decentralization. Why we decided at some point that we could earn tokens just by spending time in the game - such an idea can’t lead to a healthy system in the first place.

But I hope we still have a chance to survive this crisis of integrating blockchain into games and we will see AAA projects where we won’t get money for playing the game, but we can trade in-game items (NFT or whatever). Steam and its trading platform has been alive for a very long time and all we have to do is integrate transparent blockchain systems there and then it will surely heal and find it’s audience

26 Likes

@davids86
Pls like and comment this topic

6 Likes

The idea that people can make money from defi games is a big flaw. The real model is that players first pay players later, there is always a loss of money and when there are no new players the model really falls apart.

2 Likes

yeah u right, i hope we see a game-changing project soon

1 Like

My opinion is to surpass all blockchains with advanced technology and we support you

2 Likes

That’s a valid point. P2E system where player get to earn some ‘tokens’ only for playing the game is not sustainable at all.

2 Likes

Firstly, this is good to pay gamers for their time and is one of the way the company can make money too. But this not the most effective and efficient way now when we have modern games technology, like subscribe based service and play to earn.

Lastly, I support the idea of creating the games into NFTs where gamers can buy and own their games.

2 Likes

My opinion is that the cost of transactions should be lower and create an NFT network to reduce gas and reduce the speed of transactions.

2 Likes

@Whosmad @Yurakovel @RedHaired
Join the heated discussion guys

1 Like

I think this direction does not have many prospects

1 Like

I believe the whole idea of P2E was to incentivize gamers and lovers of gaming for something they already spent most of their days doing. Unfortunately, this idea is unsustainable as the P2E meta brought in a whole new set of gamers who saw web3 gaming as a means to an end ( an avenue to rip off projects as it where). Introducing gaming marketplaces however, some what created a balance. An avenue for gamers to trade characters, keep the sanctity of the gaming ecosystem, make money and a way for web 3 gaming projects to increase revenue through extra trading fees. A win win for all.

3 Likes

Yes. Games are not for the blockchain.

2 Likes

absolutely agree with you :handshake:

3 Likes

Congratz, @Criptologi !!! :partying_face:

2 Likes

The game graphics are very good, bringing interesting experiences for gamers

1 Like

Where i can get quest, to give nft or aot?