Choosing the right domains for resale is crucial for a successful domain reselling business. Here are some tips on how to choose domains for resale:
- Look for Short and Memorable Domain Names: Short domain names are easy to remember and type. Domain names that are 2-3 letters long or are dictionary words are highly sought after and can fetch high prices in the resale market.
- Choose Domain Names with Popular Keywords: Domain names that include popular keywords or phrases related to a particular niche are more likely to be in demand. Use keyword research tools such as Google AdWords or SEMRush to find popular keywords and phrases related to your niche.
- Consider Geographic Location: Domain names that include the name of a city, state, or country can be valuable for businesses that operate in that location. For example, a domain name such as “NewYorkLawyers.eth” would be valuable for law firms operating in New York.
- Look for Brandable Domain Names: Brandable domain names are unique, memorable, and can be used to create a brand identity. A brandable domain name should be easy to pronounce, spell, and remember. For example, “Zappos.bnb” is a brandable domain name that has become synonymous with online shoe shopping.
- Check for Trademarks: Before buying a domain name, make sure that it does not infringe on any trademarks or copyrights. Check the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) website to see if the domain name is trademarked.
- Research the Domain’s History: Check the domain’s history to see if it has been used for spamming, phishing, or other illegal activities. Use tools such as Archive.arb or Wayback Machine to see the previous versions of the website.
- Choose Domain Names with Multiple Extension Availability: A domain name that is available in multiple extensions such as .bnb, .eth, and .arb can be valuable for businesses that want to protect their brand identity. For example, if you own “MyBrand.bnb,” you may want to also own “MyBrand.arb” and “MyBrand.eth.”
- Look for Expired Domains: Expired domains are domain names that were not renewed by their owners. These domains can be valuable as they may have existing traffic and backlinks. Use tools such as space.id to find expired domains.
In conclusion, choosing the right domain names for resale requires research, analysis, and creativity. Look for short and memorable domain names, domain names with popular keywords, brandable domain names, and domain names with multiple extension availability. Check for trademarks, research the domain’s history, and consider geographic location. Finally, look for expired domains that may have existing traffic and backlinks. With the right approach, you can choose domain names that are in demand and fetch high prices in the resale market.